This summer the turn based role playing game Blackguards to both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The original game is was released on Mac and PC in 2014 and had relatively good scores, but nothing really higher than B if you were going by a lettered grading system. Blackguards: The Defenitive Edition is the original game but with all the DLC already included much like Game of the Year editions. If you do a search online for the game you may get results about a Blackguards 2, that is not this game.
In the game you play as an outlaw who is falsely accused of murder, which to me shouldn’t matter because you’re an outlaw. You embark on a trip to Ascania to find out and punish those who betrayed you, but you don’t do this alone because you will be joined by some sketchy adventurers. Again, because you’re an outlaw it would only make sense you hang out with a bunch of creeps, so let’s just go ahead and call them a group without labeling them creepy. Like any good role playing game you will have the choice of what class you want to play as. You can play as a warrior, hunter or my favorite class mage. In my experience ranged attacks work best, but the addition of spells make you so much more useful.
Included in the definitive edition will be as followed
- Strategically demanding – More than 180 unique Battle Maps keep your tactical skills sharp with new challenges. With 40 special skills and over 90 spells, you decide how to dominate the battlefield.
- Turn-based strategy meets RPG – A complex combat system facilitates tactical and immersive battles with interactive objects and traps.
- Questionable companions – Criminals, murderers and addicts will accompany you on your quest. But don’t worry – you’ll fit right in with the seven playable and customizable characters.
- An epic story – Murder and treachery are a fact of life in the world of Blackguards. Your decisions have far-reaching consequences both for your group of ‘heroes’ and the fate of the entire world.
- More than 60 hours play time – Countless main and side quests provide variety and ensure there’s never a dull moment.
- Exotic locations – Discover the most remote corners of Aventuria and become enchanted by the idyllic, hand-drawn scenery.
- Exclusive content – The Definitive Edition includes the “Untold Legends” DLC which sheds light on the dark past of a Blackguards character and also comes with new weapons, battle maps, quests and music.
No exact date has been announced, just a Summer window.