I’d like to think I have my finger on the pulse of the video game market, but I guess I put too much stock into myself because I had never heard of Ghost in the Shell: First Assault until yesterday. I’m a fan of Anime and I really liked the Ghost in the Shell movie that mostly every Anime fan has watched, because that, Akira and Ninja Scroll are almost like Anime rites of passage. When Cartoon Network started playing the television show I was completely lost and eventually lost interest in the series. I’ll catch episodes here and there, but I know I’m lost so I don’t put too much thought into trying to figure things out. The game seems to be following the television show, which means I probably won’t understand that either so I’ll just play it as a shooter.
From what the website shows, this is going to be a PC based game and the following information is the only thing that I can find outside of the dialogue in the video concerning the game.
- Players will advance and master their character with upgrades and unlocks as they succeed in combat
- Each character has exclusive attributes that reflect features of the original franchise
- Adding a unique layer to the experience, each of these characters can be customized with specialized body augmentations, weapon attachments and enhanced abilities.
- First Assault also features “SkillSync,” which allows players to leverage shared cyber-abilities with nearby teammates in combat modes to augment and increase their skills.
- By using SkillSync in smart and tactical ways, teammates can work together in devastating combinations in battle.
In all honesty I think that they grabbed a first person shooter that was being worked on and threw a brand that they thought fit. I signed up for the closed beta, and I hope for the best but if you’re not familiar with Ghost in the Shell then I believe you will be more lost than I am.