I have no trouble admitting that when the show Gotham was revealed, I was on board but extremely skeptical. Over the course of the season I have come to really enjoy the show and where they’ve taken it. I feel as if they finally able to use the characters as they were intended to be used, because all of the necessary back story has been completed.
With that being said we are now mere hours away from season finale of the show Gotham. There have been a lot of story lines in the making, characters have been developed quicker in the past couple of episodes and some may not be returning after this. There was word that Jada Pinkett Smith saying she wouldn’t be back for season 2, so let’s take a look at the following teasers to see what she may mean
The episode is titled All Happy Families Are Alike which may refer to both Maroni and Falcone’s crime family as well as the Gotham Police Department. Here is a synopsis give for the show
As Gotham City’s gang war reaches its boiling point, Fish Mooney goes head-to-head with Maroni and Penguin in an attempt to re-stake her claim on the city. Meanwhile, Barbara and Leslie Thompkins are brought together after recent events, and Bruce searches Wayne Manor for any hints that his father might have left behind.
So what can we take away from what we have seen in these promotional videos.
- The first shot of the promo shows the G.C.P.D. being electrified which means the Electrocutioner has come back
- Alfred is back in the hospital showing that his injuries may have not fully healed
- Edward Nigma is coming into what we all want him to be The Riddler. Something is going to happen to set him off and down a pathway he won’t be able to return from
- Barbara Gordon has a knife, but I think it’s her finding evidence that Leslie Thompkins is more than just a Medical Examiner
- In life Penguin eat fish and that has been a hint of whats going to happen from when they were both introduced, look to Penguin ending Fish Mooney.
- Not a batcave exactly, but a secret room Thomas Wayne built that will give Bruce Wayne the idea for the batcave in the future
The season finale airs tonight on Fox at 8 p.m., let’s see if I get any of my predictions right